We will notify every candidate, regardless of the outcome of their application. Deliberations take time and the release of results usually takes 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline. If you haven’t heard back from us by then, kindly contact us through email (email@example.com).
You will have to return to the Philippine HEI (home university) that approved your Return Service Agreement
- Although it is preferable, applicants do not need to speak French to apply for this scholarship.
- An exception to this is if the academic program applied to requires candidates to be proficient in the French language.
- There are over a thousand programs partially or completely taught in English, available for all fields and levels of study
- Most Doctoral schools, especially in the natural sciences have English as a working language.
- Visit the Other resources section for information on how to use Campus France’s search engine for English-taught programs (both Master’s and Doctoral levels)
- Note: Information found in the search results may not always be updated. We encourage applicants to contact the French HEIs directly to have the most recent and correct application requirements.
- Neither CHED nor the Embassy will be able to provide additional support. You will have to secure an appropriate amount of funding for the entirety of your household from other sources.
- Furthermore, please be advised that French is the language of instruction in French public primary and secondary schools. Private international schools with English as the language of instruction can cost upwards of €20,000 per year.
- Yes, if the grant is funded by institutions that are not part of the French government (such as companies and banks, the HEIs themselves, private foundations and associations, etc.)
- No, if funding comes other sectors of the French government (Eiffel Excellence Programme, grants from French regions and cities, etc.)
- Acknowledgment of application
- For Master’s programs:
- Most applications are done online through the French HEI’s website.
- Once the process is completed, the HEI will acknowledge your application through an email (automated or not).
- For PhD programs:
- In applying to Doctoral schools, it is common for candidates to contact a department or a professor directly through email.
- As proof of application, we accept PDF copies of your correspondences provided that it states their interest in your proposal or approval in supervising your research work.
- For Master’s programs:
- Letter of acceptance
- When admitted to a graduate program, you will receive an email or a posted letter from the French HEI stating your conditional or unconditional acceptance.
- In either case, you will need to provide us with the documents that are available to you. If you’ve finished with the application process, but did not receive any acknowledgment of this, you will need to ask the French HEI for an email confirming the receipt of your completed application.
Some points to consider when writing your essay:
- You are free to choose the format and topics covered in the essay, just as long as they respect the word limit and other instructions specified in the application material
- We are looking for essays that are well-thought of, convincing, and able to demonstrate your scholarly writing abilities
- The academic essay should be able to express how your experience of studying in France will bring value to Philippine academia and its higher education capacities
- No, you may apply prior to acceptance, as long as you submit an acknowledgment of application (see question below).
- Should there be any change in your admission status during the application period, it is of utmost importance that you inform us.
- For PhD candidates: it is not required to be accepted to the program at the moment of submitting your scholarship application. However, it is essential to provide us with supporting documents from a professor (email exchanges, formal letter, etc) expressing their interest in supervising your research work/dissertation.
- No. Applications submitted without a letter of acceptance OR an acknowledgment of application (see below) will not be considered.
- Additionally, it is the applicant’s responsibility to contact French HEIs regarding their application and admission procedures.
Only applications that are submitted through this website will be accepted. Other means (e-mail, paper, etc) will not be received.