An applicant must—
- be a Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 45 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition;
- hold a higher education diploma recognized by the Philippine Government allowing enrolment in the host course in the French Republic
- demonstrate an excellent academic level;
- demonstrate the knowledge or expertise required to carry out higher studies within the host establishment in the French Republic;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies in any of the public universities in France;
- pass the interview and other screening procedures.
Important note on previous scholarship awardees:
Students who, at the time of application to the PhilFrance Scholarships, have already been awarded a French government scholarship (bourse du gouvernement français – BGF) under another type of program, are ineligible, even if the previous scholarship only covered health insurance.